Prostitution And Solicitation Charges
If you have been charged with prostitution or solicitation, you need legal assistance to help you fight the charges and limit the consequences.
The laws that address prostitution and solicitation can be difficult to navigate. Rivers Law Firm, P.A., defends Minnesotans from the Twin Cities and out state against all types of sex crime charges. We work hard so your rights are protected during the process. With more than 19 years of criminal law experience and a track record for results, we will fight for a dismissal or reduction in charges.
Basis For Allegations
The definition of prostitution is the engaging, offering to engage, or agreeing to sexual contact for money or another form of payment. Prostitution has a close link to pandering, solicitation and loitering with the intent to sex traffic. Some of the charges include:
- Engaging in sexual activity for a fee
- Loitering in a public place with the intent to solicit
- Receiving money that is the result of prostitution or the promotion of prostitution of an individual of any age
- Soliciting or inducing an individual to perform prostitution
- Prostituting in a park or school zone
- Pimping of an individual, which is the promotion of prostitution
A conviction can be serious business and it is something that is not to be taken lightly. The charge itself will dictate the severity of the penalty, but just a charge may appear on a criminal record limiting future opportunities.